VISIT AN INDOOR DISTILLERY/BREWERY
Local rhum distilleries or beer breweries provide tours with tasting. We recommend:
- Topper’s: A great stop for the entire family, with delicious ice cream for the kids, a distillery tour for the parents and a shop for souvenirs! https://toppersrhumtours.com
- SXM Beer: https://sxmbeer.com/tours/
- SXM Pelikaan Beer: https://pelikaanbrewery.com
SHOP FOR LOCAL PRODUCTS/SOUVENIRS
Hope Estate on the French side is not on the touristic guides but do not miss out on the great shops you can find there:
- Grape Wine, and Bacchus, for specialty food and liquor
- Piou for children items and home decor
- Love shop, and One by K, for famous local clothing brand:
- Le Bazar du Majestic, Le loft, O temps des marques and L’usine for clothing
- Decoline for home decor and accessories
- The Caribbean Touch for SXM branded souvenirs
- Baby Boo, and Chat perché, for children clothing and toys
- Lipstick, and Yves Rochers, for perfumes and cosmetics
- Stop by the TAKE OFF CENTER to have lunch at Aux Mets Tissés and check out the antique store Les Puces SXM
Marigot also has an indoor mall called West Indies Mall. When rain stops, you can walk up to Fort Louis right next to the mall.
RELAX AT THE SPA
Several Spas are available on the island, we recommend the new spa and wellness facility Sunset Spa located in Simpson resort in Pelican: Massage, facial, pedicure, manicure, waxing, vichy shower, infra red dry sauna, hammam and jacuzzi.
VISIT YODA GUY MOVIE EXHIBIT
This surprising museum in Philipsburg is the brainchild of makeup artist Nick Maley, whose role in creating Yoda of Star Wars fame garnered him the nickname ‘That Yoda Guy’. It winds though a whirlwind of rotating movie memorabilia that may include Han Solo frozen in carbonite, celebrity lifecasts from Marlon Brando to Michael Jackson, and a robotic Yoda puppet alongside photos, props, scripts, vintage posters, storyboards, and items from other films Maley has worked on including Men in Black, Alien, Terminator and Hellraiser.
PLAY AT THE CASINO
You will find casinos only on the Dutch side, they often open in the afternoon until late at night. We recommend Princess Casino, offering 500 slot machines and 15 tables playing Craps, Blackjack, Roulette and Texas Holdem Poker Cash Game.